Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud

I have iOS 14.3. iCloud -

1) when you recover Favourites bookmarks from iCloud - does iCloud retain a) the way they are sorted and b) how they are organized into folders?

2) under Files app there is iCloud Drive and On My iPad - does iCloud back-up those under On My iPad (am guessing it is only backing up the iCloud Drive but am not sure)?

3) how can we add to apps using iCloud in Settings, let’s say an app is not showing, is there a way to add an app to the iCloud for back-up in Settings or somewhere in the iPad?

Thank you in advance.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 4:15 PM

Mariansapple wrote:

1) when you recover Favorites bookmarks from iCloud - does iCloud retain a) the way they are sorted and b) how they are organized into folders?

They should be recovered the way you had them before.

2) under Files app there is iCloud Drive and On My iPad - does iCloud back-up those under On My iPad (am guessing it is only backing up the iCloud Drive but am not sure)?

When you store data in iCloud, they are simultaneously stored in iCloud and on your device albeit a smaller version on the latter due to conservation of space. That's how iCloud works/designed, i.e. it's a syncing service.

3) how can we add to apps using iCloud in Settings, let’s say an app is not showing, is there a way to add an app to the iCloud for back-up in Settings or somewhere in the iPad?

If it's not showing under Settings > Name > iCloud > Apps Using iCloud, you can check under Settings > Name > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups > choose device > check list.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 4:15 PM in response to Mariansapple

Mariansapple wrote:

1) when you recover Favorites bookmarks from iCloud - does iCloud retain a) the way they are sorted and b) how they are organized into folders?

They should be recovered the way you had them before.

When you store data in iCloud, they are simultaneously stored in iCloud and on your device albeit a smaller version on the latter due to conservation of space. That's how iCloud works/designed, i.e. it's a syncing service.

If it's not showing under Settings > Name > iCloud > Apps Using iCloud, you can check under Settings > Name > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups > choose device > check list.

ICloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.