Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen protector?

Hi everyone.

I have always used screen protectors for my iPhones....the first thing that I do before using a new phone is to put a screen protector on it.

I have always used the brand that they sell at the Apple Store in the past....they only sell one brand there...Power Support maybe?...

Anyway, when I got my iPhone 4, Power Support? didnt have screen protectors with the cut outs for the iPhone 4's front facing camera or for the flash on the back....however, the AT&T store did have a different brand of protector that had the cut outs for the iPhone 4...so I bought a set.

Now in the past, my one Power Support screen protector lasted for over a year and a half for my original iPhone....without any problems. And another Power Support protector lasted fine for my 3GS for a year.

But this POS protector that I got from the ATT store - its been on my phone for 3 weeks - today I noticed there was a rough spot on it...I thought it needed to be wiped off....but it was some of the anti glare stuff that had come off. So I decided I was going to return it - so I got a piece of tape to remove the whole thing...and when I put it on the edge it literally pulled off the entire anti glare finish where the tape was....unreal...so dont buy the iPhone 4 screen protectors at the ATT store.

So anyway now w/o the protector I can see how great my iPhone 4's screen looks....I almost dont want to put another protector on it....the protector was masking the awesome quality of the display.

So are most of you people using screen protectors? And if so, which brand is best - i.e. tough but also doesnt destroy the beauty of the screen? I want to be able to enjoy the new screen....but with the screen protector that was on it, it looked like a 3GS display. Are there any screen protectors that dont mask the quality of the display?

And doesnt the glass have a coating on it that is supposed to resist scratches? Has anyone left theirs unprotected since buying it - and if so, how does it look now - is it scratched? or is it still in good shape?

Thanks!
Mike

Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jul 27, 2010 4:07 PM

7 replies

Jul 27, 2010 5:12 PM in response to briareos

I've had a Zagg Invisishields on my phone since I bought it and I think it looks fine. This display is absolutely amazing! I'm sure it would be even better without the shield but I'm just not willing to take that risk. I'm too paranoid that I'll scratch my screen, then I would he really mad! It is interesting to see the displays on the phones in the stores. I've seen some that look great and then some that don't look so great. I'm actually getting to go to an Apple Store on Thursday and will have to check out what their displays look like. The closest Apple Stores to me are an hour and 2 and a half hours away so I don't get to visit often. Anyway, I want to compare a display model with mine to see how much the Zagg really effects the display. If I actually remember, I'll come back here and report my findings.

screen protector?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.