Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore deleted iCloud photos?

Hello everybody,

I accidentally fully deleted all my Photos and as I use iCloud Photos they are automatically deleted and I can't restore them from an old back up. Is there any chance I can still restore them somehow? Thank you very much for your help!

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 5:08 PM

Here's how it works. If the photos were stored on-device (not iCloud) and deleted, then you can restore from a backup (providing those were being done) and retrieve the photos. Conversely, if the photos were stored in iCloud (Photos) and deleted, it would then go to the Recently Deleted folder where it will be expunged after a 30-day period.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 5:08 PM in response to silvirg

Here's how it works. If the photos were stored on-device (not iCloud) and deleted, then you can restore from a backup (providing those were being done) and retrieve the photos. Conversely, if the photos were stored in iCloud (Photos) and deleted, it would then go to the Recently Deleted folder where it will be expunged after a 30-day period.

How to restore deleted iCloud photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.