Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Touch ID & 2 step authentication?

How do I remove Touch ID & 2 step authentication from my iPhone 8?

I thought it would be useful for apple payment as it was required to store a credit card.

It’s not worth the aggravation to touch it 40x a day, and every time phone times out! Simply turning it off doesn’t wipe it off phone.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 7:21 AM

Success removing 2 step verification steps!

It’s in settings below general. Not in the general settings. It’s called Touch ID and passcode. There seem to be a bunch of good settings there including turning it off , including option to delete fingerprint.

It will also remove your Apple Pay card set up, but card can be added per purchase in the future. Apple Pay requires 2 step set up.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 7:21 AM in response to CandyBarrArtist

Success removing 2 step verification steps!

It’s in settings below general. Not in the general settings. It’s called Touch ID and passcode. There seem to be a bunch of good settings there including turning it off , including option to delete fingerprint.

It will also remove your Apple Pay card set up, but card can be added per purchase in the future. Apple Pay requires 2 step set up.

Jan 8, 2021 2:38 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

The Two- factor authentication was a terrible mistake for me. Are you certain once set up it cannot be removed? If so that’s terrible!

I cannot believe it -it’s been only two days using it and I’m going to have to replace my phone it’s so inconvenient.

Maybe I can set up the screensaver to last longer at least before phone shuts off?

Just terrible news.

Jan 8, 2021 3:02 AM in response to CandyBarrArtist

I have been using this 48 hrs so it should be removable according to an article from Business week

“As we indicated, once you turn on two-factor authentication on an iPhone — unlike two-step authentication — it cannot be turned off. Apple has implemented this to enforce enhanced security for the iPhone and iPad. 

There's one exception: You have a two-week window, starting from when you initially activate two-factor authentication, in which to turn it back off. After that, it's permanent. “

How to remove Touch ID & 2 step authentication?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.