Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add calendar subscription popup from Chrome all the time

Lately, whenever I started Chome for web browsing, in the first few seconds no matter what webpage I’m viewing, I would receive a popup showing following:

once I accidentally clicked on it, it added calendar subscription to show many advertising events and I had to unsubscribe it from calendar. It is indeed very annoying.

I checked already it is not related to the website, any idea how I can top this popup?

thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 9:43 AM

5 replies

Jan 10, 2021 7:42 AM in response to albertmkc

Hi there albertmkc,

We can understand the concern of getting these popups when using Google Chrome. We're happy to help you with this. You can check for any spam calendars and invites here:

Remove spam from Calendar on your iPhone

This article also provides guidance to report these spam invites. Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Feb 23, 2021 12:33 PM in response to Khaostheklown

So I know this probably seems odd and dumb but this worked for me. I intentionally went onto Chrome to force the pop up and clicked “ok” to add the calendar. Then, I opened the calendar app and clicked on “calendars” at the bottom. Then I clicked on the left to hide them from my calendar feed. Then I clicked on the “i” to turn off notifications for Event Alerts. I have not gotten a single pop up since doing this. It just stopped. And I don’t mind having this list of color coded events because I never go on this screen anyway. Definitely worth trying

Add calendar subscription popup from Chrome all the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.