Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod and 4KApple TV

I have 3 Apple TV 4k and none of them shows in the Audio Output the HomePod or the mini Home Pod, only TV speakers. Yes, I know if i take the apple tv remote and click on tv, bla bla bla, it will show all of them, but this is not the point: I want to be able to defer the sound to the HomePod by default! If I wanted these issues I would have bought Microsoft not Apple products! Very disappointed!!

Is Apple going to do anything about this?

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 8:12 PM

Update all HomePods and Apple TV to the latest software and you will be able to do this with HomePod (not the mini) using Home Theatre

on Apple TV, select Settings > Video and Audio > Default Audio Output. Select the HomePod or stereo pair that you want to use for home theater audio.

See: Set up home theater audio with HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Home theater audio doesn't support HomePod mini or other AirPlay 2-compatible speakers. Learn how to use AirPlay to stream audio from your Apple TV to these types of speakers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2021 8:12 PM in response to Damiatca

Update all HomePods and Apple TV to the latest software and you will be able to do this with HomePod (not the mini) using Home Theatre

on Apple TV, select Settings > Video and Audio > Default Audio Output. Select the HomePod or stereo pair that you want to use for home theater audio.

See: Set up home theater audio with HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Home theater audio doesn't support HomePod mini or other AirPlay 2-compatible speakers. Learn how to use AirPlay to stream audio from your Apple TV to these types of speakers.

Homepod and 4KApple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.