Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Xcode Caches

There is a new category in the System Information of my Mac named "Developer" and it has only one file code Xcode Caches that uses 3.15 gb of my disk. Should I delete it or should I keep it? What is it?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 10:16 AM

Hello Murph7y,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you would like to determine if you should delete Xcode cache.

Xcode is Apple development software. If you are not an app developer, you may choose to delete this software. As always, it's a good idea to back up your Mac with Time Machine before making such changes.

However, if you are a developer or have further questions about Xcode cache, it would be best to reach out to Apple Developer Support.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 10:16 AM in response to Murph7y

Hello Murph7y,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you would like to determine if you should delete Xcode cache.

Xcode is Apple development software. If you are not an app developer, you may choose to delete this software. As always, it's a good idea to back up your Mac with Time Machine before making such changes.

However, if you are a developer or have further questions about Xcode cache, it would be best to reach out to Apple Developer Support.

Have a great day!

Deleting Xcode Caches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.