Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPod Nano lost Apple ID

I bought my wife an iPod Nano in 2005. At that time I installed iTunes on a windows xp system, registered an Apple ID and loaded songs on the iPod. Used the Nano with a Bose system for several years until the Bose system broke. The iPod has been in a drawer for years and when we turn it on it still works!! Now over the years my wife has had 3 or 4 different iPads. Somewhere along the line we lost the Apple Id for the Nano and earlier iPads so we created a new one probably 8 years ago.

Fast forward to today.

I installed iTunes on a current Windows 10 machine and can see the iPod songs. But without the Apple Id I am stuck in doing anything. Is there some way to recover the Apple ID of the Nano or am I stuck?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 5:09 PM

See if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple    An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find              

For the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password. See if you can get an email option if necessary.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2021 5:09 PM in response to Makitso

See if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple    An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find              

For the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password. See if you can get an email option if necessary.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

Old iPod Nano lost Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.