Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5se unable to update software

1) I am unable to update the software on my iPhone 5se which I have been trying to do for sometime now. I'd like to know the steps I need to take to delete some apps to make space to do this as currently I have no space. Once I do this I can back up my data.

iPhone

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 2:25 PM

Hi DrumMuster,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you aren't able to update iOS because of storage, correct? If so, we would love to help see if we can get the issue resolved for you. Let's go ahead and follow the troubleshooting steps we've linked for you below.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 2:25 PM in response to DrumMuster

Hi DrumMuster,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you aren't able to update iOS because of storage, correct? If so, we would love to help see if we can get the issue resolved for you. Let's go ahead and follow the troubleshooting steps we've linked for you below.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

Jan 10, 2021 8:12 PM in response to SnickZ.

Thank you for your ideas and links for support and yes it is a storage issue.

I have been spending more money on iCloud monthly storage as Apple told me this would resolve my problems however it hadn't.

Finally I ended up deleting a lot of my photo's, video's off and emails off my iPhone SE which freed up space.

It took a few hours for the download to finish and afterwards I was able to backup my iPhone to my computer.

All this because I want to upgrade and get a new iPhone and be able to transfer all my data from this phone to a new iPhone 12 mini or the new iPhone SE with more power and functions than this old iPhone SE. Thank you.

iPhone 5se unable to update software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.