Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

homepod

should I set my daughters HomePod in her bedroom up separately using her iCloud account or should I use my account and set up multiuser

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 3:05 AM

Do you have HomeKit devices that you want your daughter to be able to control. If she is going to be using just for her music then let her set it up on her account. If it is to be integrated with other HomeKit accessories, or you want to be able to use the Intercom feature, then it should be set up using the same Apple ID as the rest of the home.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 3:05 AM in response to carlosfromleeds

Do you have HomeKit devices that you want your daughter to be able to control. If she is going to be using just for her music then let her set it up on her account. If it is to be integrated with other HomeKit accessories, or you want to be able to use the Intercom feature, then it should be set up using the same Apple ID as the rest of the home.

tt2

homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.