You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 / Apple Watch 2 compatibility

I have an iPhone 6 (s/w rev 12.5 - which I believe is the latest the iPhone will load) and an Apple Watch 2 (s/w 6.2.9).

When I try and pair the two, the iPhone indicates it requires a software update - but it won't load anything higher than rev 12.5

I'm not in the position to upgrade the phone nor the watch - please advise how I could revert back to an earlier Watch s/w version that is compatible?

Kind regards

Tom Phillips

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 12:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 2:54 AM

Sadly Apple Watches automatically update to the latest revision and while the iPhone6 has stagnated on software revision 12.5.x the older Apple Watch 2 has continued upgrading to revision 7 now.

I have been informed that there is NO way to revert back to an earlier revision on the Apple Watch, which means I'm stuck with two functional Apple products that won't pair :-(

Saw Apple made $110billion in the 4th quarter last year. Good on you Apple - forcing people to upgrade to keep up. Sadly I'm not in a position to upgrade!!!

Regards

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 29, 2021 2:54 AM in response to SravanKrA

Sadly Apple Watches automatically update to the latest revision and while the iPhone6 has stagnated on software revision 12.5.x the older Apple Watch 2 has continued upgrading to revision 7 now.

I have been informed that there is NO way to revert back to an earlier revision on the Apple Watch, which means I'm stuck with two functional Apple products that won't pair :-(

Saw Apple made $110billion in the 4th quarter last year. Good on you Apple - forcing people to upgrade to keep up. Sadly I'm not in a position to upgrade!!!

Regards

iPhone 6 / Apple Watch 2 compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.