Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charged Apple Watch series 4 before bed and woke up and it was dead?

Hi! So I charged my series 4 before bed to 100% and I woke up to it completely dead? It’s never done this before to me. I’ve had this watch since November of 2019. Has anyone else had this probably? And what did you do to resolve? Did it ever do it again? Just hoping I don’t have to buy a new watch.

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 3:52 AM

hpallas18 wrote:

i also use the flashlight mode at night to walk to and from the bathroom and possibly forgot to turn it off. Would that drain the battery to the point the watch dies?

Yes, it could. Also you have not mentioned for how long you were asleep ... so yes the screens of all devices (watch, phone, laptop, etc.) all consume the enough power to cause the battery to drain ...

My suggestion is to repeat the charging task on another night and see if the battery drains again (without using the flashlight for a long time..)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 3:52 AM in response to hpallas18

hpallas18 wrote:

i also use the flashlight mode at night to walk to and from the bathroom and possibly forgot to turn it off. Would that drain the battery to the point the watch dies?

Yes, it could. Also you have not mentioned for how long you were asleep ... so yes the screens of all devices (watch, phone, laptop, etc.) all consume the enough power to cause the battery to drain ...

My suggestion is to repeat the charging task on another night and see if the battery drains again (without using the flashlight for a long time..)

Charged Apple Watch series 4 before bed and woke up and it was dead?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.