Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Downloading but not Syncing

I have a frustrating problem, my iMac 2014 will download all my files from iCloud but if I edited any of them they won't sync back to the cloud.

What have I tried..

Logging out of iCloud on every device I have.

Restarting iCloud using the terminal

Restarting the iMac.

Just to say my M1 MBP has no issue, it will upload and download no issue. Both are running the latest OS 11.1

Anyone else getting this issue?

I don't want to move to dropbox or another service I just want to be able to use the 2TB I pay for correctly.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 1:21 PM

Hello Cleggster83,

It sounds like you are able to use iCloud Drive but the changes you make on your iMac is not syncing to the server. Are you noticing this behavior with just one file type of all types of files that you've tested? Have you disable iCloud Drive on your iMac and re-enable it?

If you haven't already, you can also try to create a new user on your iMac and see if iCloud Drive works using that user:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 1:21 PM in response to Cleggster83

Hello Cleggster83,

It sounds like you are able to use iCloud Drive but the changes you make on your iMac is not syncing to the server. Are you noticing this behavior with just one file type of all types of files that you've tested? Have you disable iCloud Drive on your iMac and re-enable it?

If you haven't already, you can also try to create a new user on your iMac and see if iCloud Drive works using that user:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Regards.

iCloud Downloading but not Syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.