Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update IOS 9.3.5

I have a older iPad and it says I have to update it but it won’t let me it on IOS 9.3.5 please help

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 5:28 PM

An iPad 2, iPad 3, or first generation iPad mini isn't capable of 10 or above. If you're using a newer model, remove the beta profile from it and check that it can properly communicate with Apple's servers.

(189843)

2 replies

Jan 8, 2021 6:00 PM in response to Chloe_allen7278–

Sorry.

Over 8, 9 and 10-year old iPad models are just too old, now.

Sorry, but this is the reality for ALL 8-10-year old AND OLDER iOS devices now. Especially going into 2021!

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much “newer” , used iPad model capable of running the latest iPadOS versions. There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

How to update IOS 9.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.