Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone thinks Android is an IPhone

I am on iPhone 8plus. I have been texting my android user for years on my iPhone. BUT ONE PARTICULAR FRIEND OF MINE, My iMessage suddenly thinks his Samsung SMS address is an invalid iMessage number. When I type his number on the new message bar and either send a message, it shows up as blue instead of green. He does not have iPhone and never did. I did turn on and off iMessage, reset network setting. How do I clear this condition on his number and set her up as SMS? It is so weird that this occurred without either of us doing anything. I did delete his cell number from my contacts and re-entered it, thinking that might help but it did not. Ideas???

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 12:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 1:56 AM

Does your friend have anyApple devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Watch, ...)

Note: if your contact uses an Apple device before, he should follow this link => Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

Normally, Messages app will convert to SMS message automatically.

Assuming your contact has a valid SMS/MMS plan provision from the carrier.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2021 1:56 AM in response to Mabonza

Does your friend have anyApple devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Watch, ...)

Note: if your contact uses an Apple device before, he should follow this link => Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

Normally, Messages app will convert to SMS message automatically.

Assuming your contact has a valid SMS/MMS plan provision from the carrier.

My iPhone thinks Android is an IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.