Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting ipad to iphone for facetime

I think I have everything connected, however I keep getting the error: your iphone is not configured to allow phone calls using this ipad. Help...

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 5:20 PM

Hey capemay beachgirl,

Sounds like you're not able to make and receive FaceTime calls on your iPad, but are on your iPhone. We'd be happy to help.

If you go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices you can set your iPad up to receive regular phone calls that are received by your iPhone. For FaceTime, you'll need to just make sure you're signed into FaceTime with the same Apple ID as your iPhone. To do so, go to Settings > FaceTime and ensure you're signed into the same Apple ID here. Once you are, ensure that both your phone number and your Apple ID email address are checked for use with FaceTime.

For more help, check out: Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this information helps out.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 5:20 PM in response to capemay beachgirl

Hey capemay beachgirl,

Sounds like you're not able to make and receive FaceTime calls on your iPad, but are on your iPhone. We'd be happy to help.

If you go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices you can set your iPad up to receive regular phone calls that are received by your iPhone. For FaceTime, you'll need to just make sure you're signed into FaceTime with the same Apple ID as your iPhone. To do so, go to Settings > FaceTime and ensure you're signed into the same Apple ID here. Once you are, ensure that both your phone number and your Apple ID email address are checked for use with FaceTime.

For more help, check out: Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this information helps out.

Take care!

connecting ipad to iphone for facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.