Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac won’t turn on

I woke up and my iMac screen is black and won’t turn on. First I held the power button for 10 seconds: nothing. Then, I unplugged it and plugged it back in and nothing again. Is my Mac shot? I think it’s about 10 years old.

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 9:17 AM

Please try the troubleshooting steps in If your Mac won't turn on. If you still cannot get it started, please take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider who can diagnose it an offer you alternatives. If you don't know an Apple Authorized Service Provider then please click Apple Authorized Service Provider Locator (AASP) & Genius Appointment to begin finding one in your area.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2021 9:17 AM in response to AnthonyShik

Please try the troubleshooting steps in If your Mac won't turn on. If you still cannot get it started, please take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider who can diagnose it an offer you alternatives. If you don't know an Apple Authorized Service Provider then please click Apple Authorized Service Provider Locator (AASP) & Genius Appointment to begin finding one in your area.

iMac won’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.