Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 Unfair Case Program for Puerto Rico

At July 16, 2010 Steve Jobs stated at a Press Conference "The bumper case solves the signal strength problem" and "Just give everybody a free case". July 23, 2010 started the iPhone 4 Case Program, so I download the application for my two iPhones and place the order for both. July 24, 2010 Order Acknowledgment the orders was processed. July 26, 2010 Action Required and the orders was cancelled.
What happens to Steve Jobs and Apple, people of Puerto Rico doesn't have signal strength problems and we are not everybody. As a owner of various Apple products (1 Macbook, 2 iPads, 3 iPhones, 2 ipods and 1 Apple TV) its a shame for Apple that we are not everybody, or maybe they prefer that Puerto Rico people buy Microsoft Products and other smartphones. Any help appreciated.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 27, 2010 5:58 PM

39 replies

Jul 27, 2010 6:46 PM in response to Morningstar69

The Terms and Conditions of the case program state it can be modified at any time. Maybe it was modified from everyone to just the 50 states. Is that fair? No. Permissible? Yes.

But, I am in Washington DC, which is not a state. (It is a "federal district" according to the Constitution.) I ordered a case and my order went through fine. It has not been cancelled that I can see.

So, if they are telling you it is just for the 50 states, they are wrong. Why exclude Puerto Rico but accept DC, both of which are not states? I don't know.

Jul 27, 2010 6:50 PM in response to lobsterghost1

rbrylawski wrote:
So, if that's true, why are our friends in the UK getting free cases/bumpers.

It could be that Apple-US and Apple-UK have different policies. The US program is described here

http://images.apple.com/iphone/case-program/pdf/iPhone4Case_ProgramUS.pdf

I see nothing saying "50 states" or excluding Puerto Rico.

And I see no mention of free cases at the Apple UK site.

Phil

Message was edited by: w7ox

iPhone 4 Unfair Case Program for Puerto Rico

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.