Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent iPhone Videos are Blurry

I have a iPhone 12 ProMax. I took a video and the quality is great on my iPhone but when sending to others the video becomes blurry. My low quality image mode is off. The video is also blurry if received by email/Messenger. How can this be fixed?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 9:09 AM

Hello PicheM and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with video resolution when sending video to others.

The iPhone 12 Pro Max uses, by default, a high efficiency format that may not be viewable on all devices.

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices

Blurriness may be an artifact of the conversion process in some apps. You can avoid this by choosing More Compatible at Settings > Camera. Be aware that this will mean photos and videos will consume more space on your device and in iCloud if you are using iCloud Photos.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 9:09 AM in response to PicheM

Hello PicheM and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with video resolution when sending video to others.

The iPhone 12 Pro Max uses, by default, a high efficiency format that may not be viewable on all devices.

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices

Blurriness may be an artifact of the conversion process in some apps. You can avoid this by choosing More Compatible at Settings > Camera. Be aware that this will mean photos and videos will consume more space on your device and in iCloud if you are using iCloud Photos.

Cheers.

Sent iPhone Videos are Blurry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.