Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. The device could not be found. This is the error i keep getting when trying to update and restore my iPhone

My phone freezes on the password screen and would reset (black screen processing circle) then it would appear back on the lock screen and when i put the password in again it would freeze and repeat process. I reset the phone multiple times, i tried to do a reset using itunes. It stated it required an update, then it wasn't able to be updated so a restore was required. I have tried to restore my phone now about 5 times and it runs through the process of extracting software etc... it gets to the end and I receive the error message, The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. The device could not be found. Does anyone know what what i can do to fix it.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 6:21 PM

Perhaps this article will help:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. The device could not be found. This is the error i keep getting when trying to update and restore my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.