Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade my device storage?

I recently bought an iPad Air 2, I didn’t noticed the storage capacity was 16gb. I’m only able to download one game and nothing else....basically limiting the quality experience with the product. Is there any way for me to upgrade the storage capacity on this device?

iPad Air 2, 14

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 1:07 PM

No.

If you can, return this iPad from where you purchased, get your money back and purchase an iPad with much larger internal storage.

An iPad with, at least, 64 GBs of internal data storage.

Best of Luck to You!

4 replies

Jan 11, 2021 10:34 AM in response to mpgodsnipe

Since this is only a 16 GBs device, even if you sell it yourself or attempt a trade-in through Apple, I suspect you will get very little for that iPad today to be really worth anything toward a new iPad.

As you have discovered, a 16 GBs iOS device is nearly useless now.

After internal drive formatting, installation of iPadOS ( if running iPadOS 13 or 14 ) and the need for 2-4 GBs of needed iOS/iPadOS operational reserved internal data storage space, a 16 GBs iPad is left with only between 4-7 GBs of usable internal data storage space and that is it!

You really just need to do better reaersch before purchasing any Apple device, whether used or from Apple or from an Apple product retailer/reseller.

That is really where you went wrong.

You didn't do the proper research before the purchase.

You didn't ask about its storage size, probably didn't inquire about the possibility of the device being user activation locked, either, as most beginner/novice Apple iOS device buyers never know to ask this.

You need to just do better research before just jumping into a used or new Apple device purchase.

Like such research as knowing all Apple iOS/iPadOS devices have NO expandable internal storage.

So, you need to figure out just how much internal data storage you can absolutely, truly afford in an iPad as that storage cannot be expanded later.

Various current iPad models come in 32 ( forget 32 GBs models, also, as this is the “New” 16 GBs versions ) 64, 128, 256, 512 GBs and 1 and 2 TBs internal data storage ranges, now.

If you can only afford a new base model 8th gen iPad model ( as your rather hasty low storage used iPad purchase appears to indicate ), forget the 32 GBs option and get the 128 GBs data storage option, instead.

If your budget can handle the more expensive, mid-priced, 2020 iPad Air 4, then opt for 64 GBs model OR, once again, if your budget can allow, go for the256 GBs option as that should give you the best longevity for internal data storage.

Do some reaersch on your own before purchasing any Apple products

https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

Buyer Beware!

Best of Luck to You!`

Can I upgrade my device storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.