Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is apple changing our phones to be force able updated as well as deactivating the emergency broadcast system?

Is apple changing our phones to be force able updated as well as deactivating the emergency broadcast system?

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 10:57 PM

8 replies

Jan 10, 2021 8:19 AM in response to Chris0107

I am hearing chatter about people’s update buttons being on when they have been switched to off. Mine was and this is disturbing, as I keep mine off. Also that the new update turns off your emergency broadcast system to your phone. Mine is still on and I want it that way. Strange times with a lot of hidden agendas in many organizations.

Jan 10, 2021 8:37 AM in response to Emergencybroadcastsystem

If you recently updated it may have been flipped at that time inadvertently. If you are that keen about it always check it after doing an update.

No cell phone maker is allowed to disable the government emergency broadcast system alerts. This actually bothered a number of people when it was first added to cell phones, they wanted Samsung/LG/Nokia/Apple to give them an option to turn it off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.