Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot verify server identity error message

Help, I keep getting the cannot verify identity error message when I’m trying to use location seeking apps. For example when I’m not at home and try to use the Starbucks app I get the error message and have to switch to no WiFi. I attached screenshots for your reference. This has been happening for a few months now.

Thank you.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 5:08 AM

1 reply

Jan 12, 2021 11:26 AM in response to TLC34

Hey TLC34,

We see that you're getting a message stating "Cannot Verify Server Identity". This seems to happen when you're using an app that uses Location Services. We will do our best to assist. If there is an active VPN being used, we suggest temporarily disabling it to see if the message still appears. Also, profiles showing in Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. If you do not see that option in Settings > General, then there are no profiles installed.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, check to see if it's the same certificate when it happens. If so, you would want to contact the provider of that certificate to resolve the issue.

If it happens with multiple accounts, reset Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that they've used before.

Best regards.

Cannot verify server identity error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.