Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clear space on Apple Watch for update

I need to update the software on Apple Watch. I have 2.1gb available but I need 3 fb. I removed my photos and no music. There are only some apps available. I tried reset Apple Watch but I’m still stuck. I’m not sure what to do.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 1:18 PM

Unpair your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone.

Then Re-pair your Apple Watch,this frees up a surprisingly large amount of storage space.And without any loss of data.

Or;

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch – Apple Support

4 replies

Jan 10, 2021 2:28 PM in response to Georgie1585

If what fieryjack provided does not help, to update the Apple Watch from the iPhone, you go to the Watch app, go to General>Software Update. If an update is identified, then it will be listed there and there will be a spot for you to select to download and install the update. You need to ensure the Watch is connected to power and that the iPhone is connected to wi-fi and should be connected to power as well, so wi-fi won't go to sleep. The full instructions are found here, Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Clear space on Apple Watch for update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.