Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Max Pro new photos not showing up in Import Pictures & Videos?

I have a new iPhone Max Pro which I upgraded to from an iPhone 6 running IOS 12.x, one thing I don't understand is that when I take some photos and plug my phone into my Windows desktop and attempt to use Import Pictures and Videos I don't see the videos I just took and it takes quite a while before they eventually show up. What's the problem here and how to I fix it?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 1:20 PM

On your iPhone, open Settings > [name] > iCloud > Photos.

If iCloud Photos is enabled, see the following:

If iCloud Photos is not enabled, see the following:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 1:20 PM in response to Norm@Home

On your iPhone, open Settings > [name] > iCloud > Photos.

If iCloud Photos is enabled, see the following:

If iCloud Photos is not enabled, see the following:

Jan 10, 2021 1:38 PM in response to Sean_W.

So iCloud photos is not enabled, when I follow the link you gave to https://support.apple.com/HT201302 it basically says to do what I'm doing although I don't have nor do I want iTunes on my computer and I didn't have iTunes on my computer and I was able to import all photos just fine. To Be clear, I can see photos just not the ones I took a few minutes ago (although I can see them in the camera roll and can email them to my desktop), they will eventually show up when I use the Microsoft Import Pictures and Videos but it takes a quite a while for them to show up.

iPhone 12 Max Pro new photos not showing up in Import Pictures & Videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.