Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K streaming not working correctly after 14.3 update

Why is there no fix to the tvOS 14.3 update. It’s has messed up streaming on the apple TV4k. Oddly enough, I feel that for the price I paid for a few of them, I should not have to drag out old thin Apple TV’s just to watch movies I paid apple for or apps I pay for without constant problems. Roku, and other streaming devices work fine and are FAR less expensive. Sorry, this is clearly starting to annoy me. :)

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 3:37 PM

5 replies

Jan 12, 2021 3:47 PM in response to Sinister_C

Hello Sinister_C,

We understand that you're experiencing issues streaming with your Apple TV, and we'd like to see how we can help. To get started we recommend reviewing the steps listed here: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Should the issues persist please share the following details:

• What is the behavior you're experiencing? If you see any error messages share the exact text.
  • What app or apps do you experience this issue with?

These details may help facilitate additional answers.

Take care.

Jan 12, 2021 5:37 PM in response to jdo_apple

a canned answer for a known issue that in no way addressed the issue. I guess I should not be surprised.

you know the issue. After the Tvos 14.3 update my 4K Apple TV’s won’t play iTunes purchases or rentals, Netflix, HBOmax, Disney+, Hulu, Prive Video and other apps without dropping sound, sound falling out of sync, kicking out to main menu, freezing, etc... the errors are many and I’m not going to go waste my night getting them all. You know what they are. I’m not even close to the first to ask you about it. You messed up our devices. Fix it.

im hard wired, 500 mbps, a few apps work, such as Movies Anywhere. ALL APPs work with no issue on old Apple TVs. That’s right

the old Apple TV’s that no longer update work perfectly, no issues at all. Plays all apps with no playback issues at all, including iTunes purchases. Stop acting like it’s something on the customers side. It’s not. It’s your tvOS 14.3 update, and you know it. replace it, roll it back, whatever. Just fix it

Jan 15, 2021 8:18 AM in response to Sinister_C

Seriously. Just provide something that says the issue being worked. Every forum post regarding the issues with TVOS 14.3 is answered with the same reset your equipment BS. It’s not the Equipment! It’s the software! All three of my Apple TV’s are screwed. I can’t watch any of the 150+ movies I have purchased through iTunes. This is ridiculous.

Jan 15, 2021 3:37 PM in response to Droz341

Just an update, Still no helpful reply from Apple at all. And nothing is fixed. They could at least tell me they messed it up to force me into buying a new one. Lol

very strange that when they know it’s their fault they go silent. On the Plus side (not Disney +, that doesn’t work anymore), At least the fitness app I will never use works. Thanks Apple. What am I, Fortnite? Now I know how Parlor feels. Lol

Apple TV 4K streaming not working correctly after 14.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.