Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web Search Apple Watch Family Setup

I have an Apple Watch SE being used under family setup. I have some screen time restrictions on my device. However, my family cannot find the setting to unrestricted web searches on my Apple Watch. Whenever I click on a web link from mail or messages, the webpage appears to load with a blank screen, but the screen stays black even after the webpage finished loading. Whenever I ask Siri to search the web, she says “I can’t get results for that. Web searches are restricted for this device.” I wonder how, under family setup, my ‘admin’ would be able to change that setting, because on my other devices associated with my Apple ID I am still able to browse the web, just not on my Apple Watch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 4:54 PM

Sed the "Set Content & Privacy Restrictions" or "Prevent web content" sections in:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

3 replies

Jan 22, 2021 8:45 PM in response to javaliga

I have two Apple Watch SE (one each for two of our kids). One works fine to browse web content (our older child discovered they could browse links from Messages or Mail and now sends our younger child messages with URLs embedded to browse for themselves, which in turn taunts our younger child whose watch just loads blank pages for the same URLs that work fine on the older one's watch).

Via Apple Family Setup, the settings to control the paired childs' watches to my iPhone are controlled via Screen Time on my iPhone. I have both of them's "Web Content" set to "Limit Adult Websites". Both have "Siri: Web Search Content" set to "Allow". What other restrictions are there that I need to verify to have the younger one's watch be able to browse the web?

I've had our older child's iCloud account logged into an iPhone 4S just to monitor their chat history via iCloud and our younger one only has their iCloud account assigned to their Apple Watch. They don't have an iOS or MacOS account set with their Apple ID/iCloud account.

Jan 26, 2021 3:05 PM in response to javaliga

This is not an option under Family Setup for Apple Watch. I just upgraded both Apple Watch SE to watchOS7.3 hoping it would resolve the issue for our younger child - so he could browse websites from Messages or Mail on his Apple Watch and it still fails to load sites. It attempts; the progress bar makes it about 1/4 of the way across and then it stops and the watch face remains black with the URL at the top.

Web Search Apple Watch Family Setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.