Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install Yosemite with bootable USB

My macbook model a-1278 crashed while re-installing Yosemite. Since then the macbook opens on Disk Utility with only the tab and spacebars working. I created a bootable Usb and onwce I teach the page to install on the hard drive, it cannot be selected to install. has anyone ever encounter this isuue and how did you solve the issue.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 5:05 AM

Disconnect any external drives Except the Bootable Installer of Yosemite. Shutdown computer and connect to charger. Restart and Hold Option key immediately. This will load the Boot Manager with several options. Choose Disk Utilities and View ALL connected devices. Choose on Left panel the Upper Most Drive usually called Apple SSD ( if SSD drive installed ). On Tool Bar choose Erase and below that Format HFS ( Journaled ) and below that Scheme: GUID Partition Map. The choose Erase and give the drive name Macintosh HD. Once it finishes, back out of Disk Utilities and choose Instal MacOS ( MacOSX ) and let it install and reboot to finish the installation. It will automatic reboot when finished and present the Setup Assist

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 5:05 AM in response to Dancec63

Disconnect any external drives Except the Bootable Installer of Yosemite. Shutdown computer and connect to charger. Restart and Hold Option key immediately. This will load the Boot Manager with several options. Choose Disk Utilities and View ALL connected devices. Choose on Left panel the Upper Most Drive usually called Apple SSD ( if SSD drive installed ). On Tool Bar choose Erase and below that Format HFS ( Journaled ) and below that Scheme: GUID Partition Map. The choose Erase and give the drive name Macintosh HD. Once it finishes, back out of Disk Utilities and choose Instal MacOS ( MacOSX ) and let it install and reboot to finish the installation. It will automatic reboot when finished and present the Setup Assist

Install Yosemite with bootable USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.