You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep Applications or the state of the applications I last used same after startup since shutdown

I want to get going quickly by keeping the state of my applications I was using before shutdown after I start my mac up again, is there a way to do this?

Also, what about the reverse how can I shut eveything down completely

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 6:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 11:27 PM

Hi chaitu544,

If you shut down your Mac by clicking on the Apple menu in the top left corner, then selecting Shut Down, a prompt should appear. Inside that prompt should be a checkbox labelled “Reopen windows when logging back in”.

Check the box if you want to pick up where you last left off before shutdown; uncheck the box if you want a fresh new session at startup.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2021 11:27 PM in response to chaitu554

Hi chaitu544,

If you shut down your Mac by clicking on the Apple menu in the top left corner, then selecting Shut Down, a prompt should appear. Inside that prompt should be a checkbox labelled “Reopen windows when logging back in”.

Check the box if you want to pick up where you last left off before shutdown; uncheck the box if you want a fresh new session at startup.

Keep Applications or the state of the applications I last used same after startup since shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.