Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error msg no password provided for aol.com

Error msg saying no password for aol.com

i go into mail and updated password . But every time I go into ail mail it gives me that error msg and the mail is not updating with new emails

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 7:54 AM

I think I found a solution! When in AOL web mail on a PC, click on "Options" (upper right corner under your user name), then choose "Account Info". On the left side click "Account Security".

On the bottom of the page is "Manage app passwords". You need to generate a special password for iPhone, iPad, Outlook, as the standard account password no longer works for them, for whatever reason. So far I was not forced to activate "Two-step verification".

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 7:54 AM in response to toyin211

I think I found a solution! When in AOL web mail on a PC, click on "Options" (upper right corner under your user name), then choose "Account Info". On the left side click "Account Security".

On the bottom of the page is "Manage app passwords". You need to generate a special password for iPhone, iPad, Outlook, as the standard account password no longer works for them, for whatever reason. So far I was not forced to activate "Two-step verification".

Mar 2, 2021 8:32 PM in response to SravanKrA

SravankrA,

I just want you to know I did that and does not work. I change my password three times and kept getting that error msg. Aol was saying they can't no longer use the app that iphone has for mail. they mention its not compatible to the new software upgrades or its not updating properly. So for me to get my mail from my phone they suggest I use the AOL app. That's what I did and deleted the iphone app. what's so weird about doing that every now and than I get double messages. ugh!

Mar 9, 2021 7:49 AM in response to toyin211

I’ve had the same problem, suddenly, this morning and have given up trying to re-enter my password continuously. I gather aol isn’t compatible with the updated mail app on the iPhone.

Have downloaded the aol app now but it’s highly irritating as full of adverts! Will have to wind down my use of that old email methinks.

Mar 18, 2021 2:28 AM in response to Vixgale

I deleted aol mail from my iPhone mailbox in the end and downloaded and used the aol app.

However, that drove me mad with the constant adverts so I tried adding aol back to the iPhone mail app and it worked again!

A few times since I’ve had the same error message asking for a password but it seems to get over itself in an hour or so and downloads my emails again.

Seriously going to have to use one of my other emails for most things in future as aol is a pain now.

Error msg no password provided for aol.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.