Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt 3 and legacy FireWire on MacBookPro

Hello,

I'm connecting a Phase One digital back (professional photographic camera) to my MacBook Pro 15 2018 (updated software) through a FireWire cable 800 to Apple adaptor to Thunderbolt 2 to Apple adaptor to Thunderbolt 3. Everything worked fine till today. I've tested the same connection system on a friend's MacBook and it works fine.

What happens now on my Mac is that once connected to my Mac the fan suddenly starts at maximum speed, screen goes ⅓ black and it restart giving subsequently the attached report.

Any ideas?

Leo

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 4:53 AM

Hi,

I suppose your MacBook Pro has memory related issue. Try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports something related RAM(PPM001 to PPM015).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, contact Apple Support to tell them about the circumstances you face with now.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 4:53 AM in response to theotherleo_

Hi,

I suppose your MacBook Pro has memory related issue. Try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports something related RAM(PPM001 to PPM015).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, contact Apple Support to tell them about the circumstances you face with now.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Thunderbolt 3 and legacy FireWire on MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.