Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app

I’ve forgotten my old password for the notes app and now I’m working with a new password but the old locked notes need old password but I don’t remember at all

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 5:10 AM

There is no way of resetting Notes password.

The only option that you have is keep trying as there is no limit on the number of attempts.

However, you can set a new password for your new notes, but for the old notes you need to get the old password only.

If you have imported some notes from Old iPhone to new one then it will have to attach the password to the new Touch ID / Face ID on your new iPhone. At some given time you must have created a password and enabled touch Id / Face ID to the password. Any Notes created there after will only use your Touch ID / Face ID. Because of this it ir very likely that you may not recall the password now.

Face ID / Touch IDs are not transferable from one device to another.

Watch the 2 GIFs below about locked Notes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 5:10 AM in response to shakir18

There is no way of resetting Notes password.

The only option that you have is keep trying as there is no limit on the number of attempts.

However, you can set a new password for your new notes, but for the old notes you need to get the old password only.

If you have imported some notes from Old iPhone to new one then it will have to attach the password to the new Touch ID / Face ID on your new iPhone. At some given time you must have created a password and enabled touch Id / Face ID to the password. Any Notes created there after will only use your Touch ID / Face ID. Because of this it ir very likely that you may not recall the password now.

Face ID / Touch IDs are not transferable from one device to another.

Watch the 2 GIFs below about locked Notes.

Notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.