Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo app not responding

Any suggestions for my photo app not responding? I cannot access my photo library. The spinning wheel appears on the title bar and the app is unresponsive. I have to force qui.

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 4:32 PM

The Photos app is part of the system so you'd have to reinstall the system. It's not the app but probably the library.

1 - As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread).

Then try opening your original library again.

2 - next, if necessary, log into another vanilla admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac repeat #2 and see if the problem persists. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 4:32 PM in response to Old Toad

The Photos app is part of the system so you'd have to reinstall the system. It's not the app but probably the library.

1 - As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread).

Then try opening your original library again.

2 - next, if necessary, log into another vanilla admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac repeat #2 and see if the problem persists. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

photo app not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.