Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left/Right Keyboard

iPhone 12 Mini on iOS 14.3.

I keep seeing videos on YouTube showing how to move the keyboard position on the screen.

In my case, it is to the left.

Since I'm right handed, I wish to re position the keyboard to the right.

There doesn't seem to be a way of doing this on iOS 14.3?

Was this present before 14.3 and the new update forgot it?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 11:49 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, garivera!

We understand you want to enable the one-handed typing on your iPhone 12 mini. We'd be happy to provide information to help you accomplish this.

Try the steps here to enable it: About the keyboards settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

"Turn on one-handed typing

Use one-handed typing on your iPhone to make it easier to type with one hand. Here's how:

1. Touch and hold  or .
  2. Tap  to move the keyboard to the left. Tap  to move the keyboard to the right.
  3. When you're done, touch and hold  or . Then tap  to bring your keyboard back to its usual setting.

You can also turn on one-handed typing from Settings > General > Keyboards and tap One Handed Keyboard. You need an iPhone 6 or later to use the one-handed keyboard. This feature excludes iPhone SE (1st generation) and iPod touch."

Have a great day!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 11:49 AM in response to garivera

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, garivera!

We understand you want to enable the one-handed typing on your iPhone 12 mini. We'd be happy to provide information to help you accomplish this.

Try the steps here to enable it: About the keyboards settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

"Turn on one-handed typing

Use one-handed typing on your iPhone to make it easier to type with one hand. Here's how:

1. Touch and hold  or .
  2. Tap  to move the keyboard to the left. Tap  to move the keyboard to the right.
  3. When you're done, touch and hold  or . Then tap  to bring your keyboard back to its usual setting.

You can also turn on one-handed typing from Settings > General > Keyboards and tap One Handed Keyboard. You need an iPhone 6 or later to use the one-handed keyboard. This feature excludes iPhone SE (1st generation) and iPod touch."

Have a great day!

Left/Right Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.