Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut to a specific folder

I’ve just started to use shortcuts and my god Apple have made it over complicated. Not sure why we can’t just effectively right click on a folder or file etc and select ‘create shortcut’.

I’ve spent the last hour trying to create a simple shortcut to a folder on the iPad. When I create a new shortcut, I then select ‘apps’ and then ‘files’. It then gives me an option of creating a shortcut to folders on the iPad but not the ones I want..

how can I create a shortcut to specific folders?

I’ve googled it, I’ve searched this forum and there is no information regarding it.

Please help as I am ready to throw this iPad across the room.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 4:31 PM

I managed to work it out and thought rather than delete this post, I would share how I did it just in case someone else has the same issue.

Basically, for it to show up in the files within the shortcut creator, there needs to be at least one item within the folder you sat trying to shortcut to. You can delete that item once the shortcut is saved.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 4:31 PM in response to chesterflaps

I managed to work it out and thought rather than delete this post, I would share how I did it just in case someone else has the same issue.

Basically, for it to show up in the files within the shortcut creator, there needs to be at least one item within the folder you sat trying to shortcut to. You can delete that item once the shortcut is saved.

Shortcut to a specific folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.