Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to insert a file which contains several documents into a page document

Is there a way to insert a file which contains several documents into a page document

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 2:29 AM

No. Pages accepts a variety of image files that are also compatible with Preview and single-page PDF documents. You cannot marsupial other documents within it, and your remaining option is to copy/paste their content into Pages as original content.

3 replies

Jan 12, 2021 12:57 AM in response to D_Ehl

Can you elaborate?

What do you mean by "a file which contains several documents"?

If they are Pages files, each file contains a single Pages document, and saving a Pages document creates a single Pages file.

My response at this point would be "No," or "Not that I'm aware of."

Pages accepts insertion of a limited range of file types, Most, if not all of these are image files.

Regards,

Barry

Jan 12, 2021 12:08 PM in response to Barry

I was considering using Pages to help create a project flow chart or critical path which would continue to evolve over the length of the project (many years and many directions). Doing some quick layouts and knowing the amount of documentation that could be related to the project a thought occurred wondering; (1) Could I link individual documents at key points to either review or confirm disbursed without having to reference the document(s) outside the Page document, (2) If I had several documents occurring at this specific point could I link each document to review if necessary or place them in a separate folder showing up on the Pages document)? (I don't want to visually see the document(s) at all times, just a visible link or folder containing many related documents) I know the next question is would the Pages document be for one individual or to be possibly shared with the team associated with the project (possibly both). Any comments on the above would be of help. I am not a computer expert but have become more appreciative of Pages gravitating away from Word. I guess in a nut shell I wanted to created a command center from Pages having possibly everything at my finger tips in one document.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.