Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 phones connected through Apple ID

I gave my old iPhone to my mother, and she entered her Apple ID before we factory reset the phone. Now our IDs are linked and we receive each other's emails, pictures, calls, etc. Both phones constantly ask for our Apple ID passwords and our information changes on each phone to one another's information. It's driving us crazy! How do we separate our accounts?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 6:42 AM

There are several places where you can enter an Apple ID. For example, you can have one Apple ID as the main owner of the phone but also have another set up the App Store, etc. (mine was like that for a while). There's probably some things set to her ID and others to yours and the phone is confused.

Your best thing to do:

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch [or if you received one that had not been erased] - "Use these steps to remove your personal information from a device, even if you don't have it anymore." --> https://support.apple.com/HT201351

Then have her set it up all new.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 6:42 AM in response to Joleykate

There are several places where you can enter an Apple ID. For example, you can have one Apple ID as the main owner of the phone but also have another set up the App Store, etc. (mine was like that for a while). There's probably some things set to her ID and others to yours and the phone is confused.

Your best thing to do:

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch [or if you received one that had not been erased] - "Use these steps to remove your personal information from a device, even if you don't have it anymore." --> https://support.apple.com/HT201351

Then have her set it up all new.

2 phones connected through Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.