Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wake On LAN on MacOS

Goodmorning everyone. I'm having trouble configuring Wake on Lan on MacOS Big Sur. unfortunately there is no official documentation regarding this feature, could someone make a mini guide of how this feature can be configured and used?

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 12:35 AM

I have already enabled this function and I am aware that it only works in ethernet, but trying to send a magic packet, when the mac is in sleep nothing happens, or rather the screen remains off. I tried also other solutions in some threads here, that said to change a certain mode "darkwake = 0" but that didn't work either. No one know something more?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 12:35 AM in response to Barney-15E

I have already enabled this function and I am aware that it only works in ethernet, but trying to send a magic packet, when the mac is in sleep nothing happens, or rather the screen remains off. I tried also other solutions in some threads here, that said to change a certain mode "darkwake = 0" but that didn't work either. No one know something more?

Wake On LAN on MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.