Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iphone Data after upgrade

I have Upgraded I phone 6s to a new version, I lost my videos, photos. How to recover them?

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 8:26 AM

If you were including photos and videos in the backup and if you have a current backup that includes those items, restore your backup in order to recover them.

If you were syncing photos with iCloud, make sure that it is enabled in the settings again. Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud>iCloud Photos>On. If you were not syncing photos with iCloud, this will not recover the photos.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 8:26 AM in response to nani292

If you were including photos and videos in the backup and if you have a current backup that includes those items, restore your backup in order to recover them.

If you were syncing photos with iCloud, make sure that it is enabled in the settings again. Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud>iCloud Photos>On. If you were not syncing photos with iCloud, this will not recover the photos.

Lost iphone Data after upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.