Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t remove app

Since upgrading my iPhone X to 14.3, I can’t remove unwanted apps. No delete option when tapping app in settings>general>iPhone storage or long pressing app on Home Screen. No X on icon only - in corner when long pressed. Only option is to share or delete from hone screen. Also same in App Library, can’t delete there either. Only share or send back to Home Screen. Seems to be peculiar to iPhone X, works fine in wife’s iPhone 11 14.3 update

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 10:04 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 14, 2021 11:21 AM in response to joehkc

Joehkc,

Thank you for clarifying. When long pressing on an App you should see an option that says "Remove App." If that is selected, you will be given a choice to Delete App, Remove from Home Screen, or cancel.

Keep in mind not all apps can be deleted, but any downloaded app can be deleted. Which app are you trying to delete? Do you see the same prompts regardless of which app is selected? Also, have you restarted your device since you first noticed this: Restart your iPhone

Take care!

Jan 14, 2021 9:51 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Thanks, but when I long press the app to get the - , delete app only allows for deletion from the hone screen, and moves it to the app drawer. When I do the same to the app in the app drawer, the reverse is true. It never deletes the app. Does iOS 14.3 move to the app drawer and keep the framework for the app without truly deleting it? I can’t delete from settings iPhone storage either. No delete app in the menu when clicking on app name.

Jan 14, 2021 2:01 PM in response to KMB_12

Yes it is an app I downloaded. Also I have tried on other downloaded apps I have on my phone, same results. I had already tried restarting my iPhone. It seems to be peculiar to my iPhone X. My wife upgraded her iPhone 11 and hers works normally. I never see delete app on any downloaded app when trying to delete.

Can’t remove app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.