Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with iPad mini

My iPad has a problem with a box that appears each time I touch the screen it won’t let me login as each time I touch the screen it puts a circle around each number I’ve tried to turn it off as requested on forums by pressing the home screen button three times but to no avail

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 1:47 PM

Hey ElGringo46,

We understand that you're seeing boxes around your selections on your iPad mini, and are unable to enter your passcode. Since pressing the Home button isn't turning off this feature, you'll want to double-tap each number to enter your passcode. The first tap highlights the information to speak it to you, while a double-tap makes the selection. Once you gain access, double-tap Settings > Accessibility > Voice Over to turn this feature off. Details can be found here: Turn on and practice VoiceOver on iPad

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2021 1:47 PM in response to ElGringo46

Hey ElGringo46,

We understand that you're seeing boxes around your selections on your iPad mini, and are unable to enter your passcode. Since pressing the Home button isn't turning off this feature, you'll want to double-tap each number to enter your passcode. The first tap highlights the information to speak it to you, while a double-tap makes the selection. Once you gain access, double-tap Settings > Accessibility > Voice Over to turn this feature off. Details can be found here: Turn on and practice VoiceOver on iPad

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Problem with iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.