Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased more space but my device is still saying that it is full. What could be the problem?

Why is my device still indicating that the storage is full even though I just bought more space.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 12:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 12:47 AM

Do you mean that you bought more iCloud storage or that you bought a new phone with more storage than your previous one and restored it from a backup? Because if the answer is iCloud storage, you have to make sure you have turned on the iCloud storage settings on https://icloud.com or in iCloud settings on your phone. If the problem is that you bought a new phone and restored it from a backup, there may be iCloud files such as photos that are automatically downloading to your phone. To check if this is the case, check what is taking up your storage in Settings > General > iPhone Storage.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 12:47 AM in response to Naledi_Northstar

Do you mean that you bought more iCloud storage or that you bought a new phone with more storage than your previous one and restored it from a backup? Because if the answer is iCloud storage, you have to make sure you have turned on the iCloud storage settings on https://icloud.com or in iCloud settings on your phone. If the problem is that you bought a new phone and restored it from a backup, there may be iCloud files such as photos that are automatically downloading to your phone. To check if this is the case, check what is taking up your storage in Settings > General > iPhone Storage.

I purchased more space but my device is still saying that it is full. What could be the problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.