You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yamaha midi driver for High Sierra not working

My OS is High Sierra. The DAW is Logic Pro X. The MIDI keyboard is a Yamaha Clavinova CPV-401.

The problem I am having is that after updating the Yamaha USB MIDI Driver to V1.3.2-2 I've found it is not recognised by the OS. There are no other versions of the driver available. It's either for OS 10.12 or 10.15.

I can not find any for 10.13 (High Sierra). The reason I updated in the first place was because Logic was not producing audio when I created a MIDI instrument track. It told me that the MIDI was connected but there wasn't a peep from it in the track. WDF is going on? Now that the old driver is gone, I have fup all to work with. My Macbook is Mid 2010 and High Sierra is it's limit as far as OS versions are concerned. Is this a scam in the part of Yamaha for not making drivers for all systems or am I just an unfortunate miserable git?

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 3:56 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Yamaha midi driver for High Sierra not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.