Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 not supporting Fitness App download

Hello,

I have updated my iPad to the latest IOS but when I try to download the Fitness app it says ‘this app requires specific features not available on this device’ ... any ideas?

The app works perfectly well on my phone which is connected to my watch.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 1:52 PM

You need more that just the app.

Your iPad needs to be updated to the latest iPadOS 14.3

You need a compatible Apple Watch ( series 3 or later ) updated to its latest WatchOS version and, also, Bluetooth connected to your iPad before the iOS App Store will let you download/install the Apple Fitness+ app.

You need to have or purchase an Apple Watch series 3, or later.

No options.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 1:52 PM in response to Elise__xox

You need more that just the app.

Your iPad needs to be updated to the latest iPadOS 14.3

You need a compatible Apple Watch ( series 3 or later ) updated to its latest WatchOS version and, also, Bluetooth connected to your iPad before the iOS App Store will let you download/install the Apple Fitness+ app.

You need to have or purchase an Apple Watch series 3, or later.

No options.

iPad Air 2 not supporting Fitness App download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.