Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple diagnostic PPN001 and PFM006. Fan running high and slow computer

My daughter Macbook pro 2014 fan's are continuously running high and computer is running slowly. I made «D» diagnostic and codes are PPN001 and PFM006.

I reset NVRAM/PRAM and SMC but fans are still running and computer is still slow.

Any idea about what are the issue ? Could it be a material issue ?

Thanks in advance,

Tomy

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 9:06 AM

tomyqc wrote:

My daughter Macbook pro 2014 fan's are continuously running high and computer is running slowly. I made «D» diagnostic and codes are PPN001 and PFM006.

I reset NVRAM/PRAM and SMC but fans are still running and computer is still slow.

Thanks in advance,
Tomy

Well first—Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN Use official in-app uninstallers, if in doubt refer to developers website.

I see no references to : PPN001

If you still have issue—To get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 9:06 AM in response to tomyqc

tomyqc wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Tomy

Well first—Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN Use official in-app uninstallers, if in doubt refer to developers website.

I see no references to : PPN001

If you still have issue—To get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

Apple diagnostic PPN001 and PFM006. Fan running high and slow computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.