Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd gen iPad not charging

Is there a fix for my iPad Pro, 12.9”, 3rd generation with IOS version 14.3 charging issue. It stopped taking a charge last night, I’ve turned it off for several mins and tried it again to no avail. I’m using the supplied cable and 110 outlet adapter. Any help would be appreciated

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 3:59 PM

Try the new hard reset procedure for the 2018/2020 iPad Pro models without a Home button.

1. Press and release the volume UP button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume DOWN button.

3. Then, press and hold the Power button at the top. You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the Power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Good Luck!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 3:59 PM in response to Sandschredder

Try the new hard reset procedure for the 2018/2020 iPad Pro models without a Home button.

1. Press and release the volume UP button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume DOWN button.

3. Then, press and hold the Power button at the top. You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the Power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Good Luck!

3rd gen iPad not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.