Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't open Garageband because a third-party plugin that I deleted, but still won't let me open the program

How can you help me with this?

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 3:12 AM

The POD farm plug-in is very old, it is dating back to 2011 You can only use 64-bit Audio Units with GarageBand 10.

GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins - Apple Support

How did you remove the plug-in? Check all possible installation folders -

• In the Library folder at the top level of your system volume: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/
  • In the Library folder in your user home folder: ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/But wat happens, when you try to launch GarageBAnd? Does it crash? Is there any error message or crash log?
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2021 3:12 AM in response to ariel73

The POD farm plug-in is very old, it is dating back to 2011 You can only use 64-bit Audio Units with GarageBand 10.

GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins - Apple Support

How did you remove the plug-in? Check all possible installation folders -

• In the Library folder at the top level of your system volume: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/
  • In the Library folder in your user home folder: ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/But wat happens, when you try to launch GarageBAnd? Does it crash? Is there any error message or crash log?

I can't open Garageband because a third-party plugin that I deleted, but still won't let me open the program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.