Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer and Backup

If I transfer my information from my old Iphone to my new Iphone, and then recover my old Iphone's last backup back onto that old Iphone, will I have one new phone with my current data/pictures, and my old phone with data/pictures from my last backup? Or is that not how that works? Thanks for the insight.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 7:33 PM

5 replies

Jan 13, 2021 7:51 PM in response to Jacklin1900

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new- There are two different methods.

Do you have a backup created either on iCloud or on your computer?

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this ➔ How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this ➔ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that ➔ Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Note that when you transfer data using Method 2 then you do not lose any data on your old iPhone. The old iPhone retains the data that it already has and just transfers/copies the data to the new iPhone.

Axel F.

Jan 13, 2021 7:57 PM in response to Jacklin1900

You are not going to need the old backup to restore your old iPhone, This is because the Quick Start method does not wipe the data from your old iPhone. The data on the old iPhone remains as it was.

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new- There are two different methods.

Do you have a backup created either on iCloud or on your computer?

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this ➔ How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this ➔ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that ➔ Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Note that when you transfer data using Method 2 then you do not lose any data on your old iPhone. The old iPhone retains the data that it already has and just transfers/copies the data to the new iPhone.

Axel F.

Transfer and Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.