You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Office for MacBook Air(M1, 2020)

I have recently bought a MacBook Air with M1 Chip on 31-Dec-2020. I am a first time user of Mac. Whole my life I have used Windows. The reason I bought this laptop to apply for jobs in various job portal sites. They are asking to upload resume in Microsoft Word document. My MAC laptop don't have MS Word. When I rang apple support the guy said you cannot install any Microsoft products in NEW MacBook Air with new M1 chip. Should I do now? I have recorded the case number on the conversation with apple support guy. Any advise would be highly appreciated. Many thanks.

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 11:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 12:29 AM

This question has already been answered in another thread. If you search the forums you will find a powerful knowledge base already here.

As neuroanatomist said in the liked thread, Office 2019 and Microsoft 365 will run on the M1 Macs with Rosetta 2 emulation. A few days after this post a comment was added that a version of Office for M1 Macs was also released.

See also Microsoft's webpage of the same day, called 4 ways Microsoft 365 is improving the experience for Mac users.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2021 12:29 AM in response to SamK19

This question has already been answered in another thread. If you search the forums you will find a powerful knowledge base already here.

As neuroanatomist said in the liked thread, Office 2019 and Microsoft 365 will run on the M1 Macs with Rosetta 2 emulation. A few days after this post a comment was added that a version of Office for M1 Macs was also released.

See also Microsoft's webpage of the same day, called 4 ways Microsoft 365 is improving the experience for Mac users.

MS Office for MacBook Air(M1, 2020)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.