Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was resetting my IMAC desk top computer, I must done something wrong and suddenly ? mark on my screen and I can not get rid of the screen? and I don't know where is hold botton in key board? please helpi

I was resetting iMac desk top computer, I must done something wrong and suddenly ? mark on my screen and I cannot get back to my original screen. How can I get rid of the ? mark screen and I checked google and it suggest hold button 10 second. where is hold button in my key board? Please help

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 4:46 AM

[?] indicates that no valid startup disk was found.

There is no 'hold' button. The instructions must be telling you to hold (verb) some other button, possibly the power button to force a shutdown.

You could try restarting while holding 'option' to check if the recovery partition is still available, but it sounds like something went very wrong with the reset and you need to reinstall MacOS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2021 4:46 AM in response to sunnie9988

[?] indicates that no valid startup disk was found.

There is no 'hold' button. The instructions must be telling you to hold (verb) some other button, possibly the power button to force a shutdown.

You could try restarting while holding 'option' to check if the recovery partition is still available, but it sounds like something went very wrong with the reset and you need to reinstall MacOS.

I was resetting my IMAC desk top computer, I must done something wrong and suddenly ? mark on my screen and I can not get rid of the screen? and I don't know where is hold botton in key board? please helpi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.